Wednesday, June 15, 2016

I'm a girl who dreams too much, who has a hard time "growing up", as I've been advised to do on more than one occasion, and yet I'm perhaps the most grown up person I'll ever find, because that's how I see myself as ...


I like watching cartoons, dancing goofily to music, and similar things people "my age" shouldn't be interested in, shouldn't be doing or acting like, but then there's the thing I've always seemed to never be able to forget - I'm not like people "my age". I'm me.


I can't understand how other people are feeling because I'm not them, and I never will be, so if I ever get asked "how do you think (I/s/he) feel(s)", I'll probably respond with "I don't know, I'm not (you/him/her), I'm me". I can't understand someone when I'm not them, and that's just something about me that makes me, me.


I like being goofy, immature, because that's something about me that makes me happy. When I can laugh, smile genuinely, I feel lighter, and that doesn't happen when I try "acting my age" as it doesn't really suit me, being something I'm not. When I do act mature, I often have a thought or two that's unsettling, and I'm pretty sure in those times people actually want the goofy, immature girl back, just so they won't have to deal with my deep thinking (I like thinking I'm a deep thinker). You can probably guess what thoughts I have when I'm acting mature, just by reading a few of my posts ...


I've never been more myself than when writing my posts =). Thank you for letting me be myself! And ... why I'm posting this is because I want people to remember to be themselves, to enjoy being themselves, because there are people out there who feel like they can't accept themselves, because they take what other people say about them into a higher opinion than their own, which is sad, because people should like themselves! So ...


Remember to be yourself, remember to enjoy being yourself, because you're only you, so shouldn't you enjoy being you?



No comments:

Post a Comment